POMEGRANATE MOLASSES, MUSTARD AND ORANGE GLAZED BIG GLORY BAY KING SALMON
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons each whole grain mustard and olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 side of Big Glory Bay King Salmon, skin on, pin-boned (approx. 1.3 kilograms)
Quick-pickled red onions
- ⅓ cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- pomegranate seeds and chervil or dill leaves
Preheat the oven to 200°C fan bake.
- Stir the vinegar and sugar together in a ceramic or glass bowl, add the onion and toss together. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the pomegranate molasses with the remaining ingredients to make a thick emulsion. Place the salmon skin side down on a lined baking tray and brush the emulsion evenly over the top. Roast for 10–15 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Once cooked, the salmon can be served warm or refrigerated until half an hour before serving.
- Transfer the salmon to a serving platter and garnish with the well-drained onions, pomegranate seeds and herbs.