VIETNAMESE STYLE BIG GLORY BAY SALMON SALAD
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 4 x Big Glory Bay King Salmon portions, skin on (approx. 150g each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
- 120g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- ½ cucumber, julienned
- 16 snow peas
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Combine the fish sauce, brown sugar, lemongrass and garlic in a bowl. Add the salmon and turn to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium heat. Fry the salmon, skin side down for 3 minutes or until crisp. Turn the salmon over and fry for a further 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the vermicelli rice noodles, stir to separate noodles. Set aside for 5-7 minutes or until soft, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine remaining salad ingredients. Add the noodles and gently toss.
- In a small jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Shake to combine thoroughly. Then pour over salad and combine.
Serve salad topped with salmon.