King Salmon with Asparagus, Black Lentils and Herb Relish
1 cup black beluga lentils, rinsed
olive oil for cooking
sea salt and ground pepper
2 bunches slim asparagus, tough ends snapped off
4 x Big Glory Bay King Salmon portions, skin on (approx. 180 grams / 6 ounces each)
100 grams / 4 ounces feta
½ packed cup each parsley and basil leaves
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons drained capers
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon caster sugar or honey
1. Cook the lentils according to the packet instructions. Drain then toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water until crisp-tender. Drain well.
3. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
4. Season the salmon with salt. Heat a little olive oil in a large sauté pan and place the salmon flesh side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or until done to your liking.
5. Spread the lentils over 4 serving plates, top with the asparagus and crumble over the feta. Add the salmon then spoon over the herb relish.