King Salmon with Silky Pea Purée and Herb Salad
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500 grams frozen baby peas
⅓ cup water
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 tablespoons crème fraîche or mascarpone
4 x Big Glory Bay King Salmon portions, skin on (approx. 180 grams / 6 ounces each)
olive oil for cooking
2 cups loosely packed soft herb leaves (any combination of dill, chervil, mint, chives, basil and parsley)
1. Place all the ingredients in a jar and shake to emulsify.
2. Put the butter and garlic in a medium saucepan and let sizzle for a couple of minutes. Add the peas, water and salt, cover and cook until the peas are just tender and bright green.
3. Tip everything into a blender and add the crème fraîche. Start the blender on low, occasionally scraping down the sides, then increasing the speed until the peas are silky smooth. (You can use a hand-held blender).
Cover to keep warm.
4. Season the salmon with salt. Heat a little oil in a large sauté pan and place the salmon flesh side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or until done to your liking.
5. Spoon the pea purée onto plates and top with the salmon. Spoon over some of the dressing then top with the fresh herbs.