Vietnamese-style King Salmon Salad
3 tablespoons fish sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely grated
1 clove garlic, smashed
4 x Big Glory Bay King Salmon portions, skin on (approx. 150 grams / 5 ounces each)
1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
120 grams / 4.2 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
½ cucumber, julienned
16 snow peas
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
4 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1. Combine the fish sauce, brown sugar, lemongrass and garlic in a bowl. Add the salmon and turn to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium heat. Fry the salmon, skin side down for 3 minutes or until crisp. Turn the salmon over and fry for a further 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the vermicelli rice noodles, stir to separate noodles. Set aside for 5-7 minutes or until soft, then drain
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine remaining salad ingredients. Add the noodles and gently toss.
5. In a small jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Shake to combine thoroughly. Then pour over salad and combine.
6. Serve salad topped with salmon.